Monday, June 17, 2013

"NYC...Up there, In Lights, I'll be..."

 
Yesterday, as I was looking through old photos of my Dad and I, I found these gems!
 
I remember this night pretty well, as it pops into my head quite frequently.
(It was the summer of 2002, so I would have been 5).
 
I was so excited that Avery was visiting and that we got to get dressed up for such a special event. "Annie" was one of my favorite movies and I couldn't wait to see it in person!
We felt so fancy in our little dresses as we headed off to go see my first play!



Littly Avy and I thought we were identical and loved when people would ask if we were sisters.
 Weren't we sweet?
 
I remember sitting up out of my chair, watching with wide eyes, and couldn't believe what I was watching. This was the greatest thing I had ever seen!
I was in love.
 

Katie (who played the role of Annie) was our frequent babysitter
when I was younger, and I adored/adore her!
I think she really helped me/had a huge impact on me finding my love of musical theatre.
She always had us dancing and singing to Footloose, Annie, or some Disney tunes!
 
 


I remember that I couldn't fall asleep that night, because I couldn't stop thinking of the production and how bad I wanted to be a part of something like that!
I had no idea of what was to come in the future, and how those dreams would unfold.
 
Only 36 MORE DAYS UNTIL NYC!
It still really hasn't hit me yet that this is happening. I keep drifting in and out of reality!
These next few weeks, before I go, I'll be busy working on the songs and monologues
that I have to have prepared for when I arrive at the Intensive.
 
The nerves are starting to arrive, but otherwise I'm so excited!
 
 
 
Psssst...Don't forget to come to the fundraiser I'll be having
Thursday, June 27th at the Black Eagle Community Center
(2332 Smelter Ave. NE, Black Eagle).
$5 all you can eat Nacho Bar/Raffle/Silent Auction
(Under 5 eat free!)
I'd love to see you there!
 
Thank you again for supporting my dreams!
 
Liv
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Livia. This is Kristen Cates from the Great Falls Tribune. Please give me a call ASAP at either my office 791-1463 or cell phone at 231-3452 so we can do a story on you before you leave for NYC. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete